School of Computing Awards – 2011 Edition
On the afternoon of April 13, 2011, a large crowd gathered in the Goodwin Hall Art Gallery on the occasion of the Third Annual Queen's School of Computing Awards ceremony.
This is one of the most important events in the life of the School. It is an opportunity for us to recognize excellence in various forms of endeavour, an opportunity to celebrate the contributions of those of us who distinguished themselves through their exceptional work, and an opportunity to say thank you to those who made a difference in our lives. It is certainly the most enjoyable part of my job.
School of Computing
Congratulations to this year's recipients:
- COMPSA Howard Staveley Award for Teaching Excellence: Nick Graham; Runners-Up (and former recipients): Dorothea Blostein, Dave Dove
- Excellence in Teaching Assistance Award: Eric Rapos
- Ph.D. Research Achievement Award: Hossain Shahriar
- Outstanding Master's Thesis Award: David Sears
- Graduate Student Distinguished Service Award: Andrew Dickinson
- Distinguished Graduate Supervision Award: Ahmed Hassan; Runner-up (and former recipient): Jim Cordy
- Distinguished Service Award: Laurie Truman
- Award for Outstanding Contribution to School Life: Melissa Trezise
Photos by Dave Dove.