- Grade 10-12 student attending High School
- Programming experience (high school courses and/or self-taught)
- Strong interest in developing new technologies
- Successful applicants must have a Kingston address for the months of July and August, which must be confirmed to the School at least 1 month before commencing the internship. Failure to do so will result in rescinding the offer.
Please note that the School does not provide accommodation. Out-of-town applicants may like to contact Canada Homestay Network (www.canadahomestaynetwork.ca) or a similar agency for suitable home stay arrangement.
- Work with a School of Computing professor and Queen's University students in an area of your interest
- Internships last for up to two months during July and August
(dates may be flexible)
- Interns are Queen's University employees - you get paid! (Estimated at $1500.)
How to Apply
To apply for a position, we need:
- A cover letter which details your interest in the subject, as
well as highlighting your experience in your desired area of study;
- A detailed C. V.;
- Two letters of reference, preferably from your teachers;
- An official transcript of your high school grades to date.
Once you’ve gathered these items, please send them to:
Queen’s School of Computing
25 Union Street
Goodwin Hall, Room 557
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6
If you have any other questions, you can reach Karen Knight at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-533-6050.
Deadline for application is April 30th.
Arrangements will then be made for lab tours and meetings with professors, either in person or by Skype. Successful applicants will be notified by May 31, out-of-town applicants by mid May.
School of Computing Research
The School of Computing is engaged in a broad range of exciting research. Here are links to a few of the many areas in which our faculty is active: