On May 12, 2014, School Director Selim Akl hosted the Sixth Annual Queen’s School of Computing Awards ceremony. The awards were created to recognize excellence in various forms of endeavour, an opportunity to celebrate the contributions of those in the school who distinguished themselves through their exceptional work, and as an opportunity to say thank you to those who made a difference in School life.
This year’s recipients were:
- The Howard Staveley Award for Teaching Excellence: Roger Browse and Brian Butler
- Ph.D. Research Achievement Award: Zhen Ming Jiang
- Graduate Student Distinguished Service Award: Saeed Shafieian
- Distinguished Graduate Supervision Award: Kai Salomaa
- Distinguished Service Award: Irene Lafleche
- Research Award: Khalid Elgazzar
- Award for Outstanding Contribution to School Life: Eril Berkok
- Award for Excellence in Teaching Assistance: Doug Martin
- Distinguished Master’s Thesis Award: Simrin Nagpal
Congratulations to the recipients, and many thanks to all those who worked hard to make this day a memorable one: Members of the Awards Committee, nominators, Lynda Moulton for producing the awards, and Eril Berkok, Ben Hall and Dave Dove for helping before, during and after the ceremony.
Photos by Dave Dove