Introduction to design, analysis, and implementation of algorithms. Recursion, backtracking, and exits. Sequences. Elementary searching and sorting. Order-of-magnitude complexity. Documentation, iterative program development, translating natural language to code, testing and debugging.
Also offered online. Consult Arts and Science Online. Learning Hours may vary.
This course appears in the pre- or co-requisites for the following course(s):
- CISC 124 - Introduction to Computing Science II
- COCA 201 - Introduction to Computing and the Creative Arts
- CISC 203 - Discrete Mathematics for Computing II
- CISC 204 - Logic for Computing Science
- CISC 220 - System Level Programming
- CISC 271 - Linear Data Analysis
- CISC 330 - Computer-Integrated Surgery
- CISC 458 - Programming Language Processors (S)
(CISC 102 or MATH 110 or MATH 111 or MATH 112 or MATH 120 or MATH 121 or MATH 123 or MATH 124 or MATH 126 or APSC 171 or APSC 172 or APSC 174 or COMM 161 or COMM 162).
APSC 143. RECOMMENDED Some programming experience (such as high-school level programming or CISC 101 or CISC 110 or CISC 151).