Introduction to design, analysis, and implementation of algorithms. Recursion, backtracking, and exits. Linear data structures (stacks and queues). Elementary searching and sorting. Order-of-magnitude complexity. Documentation, iterative program development, translating natural language to code, testing and debugging.
Also offered online. Consult Arts and Science Online. Learning Hours may vary.
This course appears in the pre- or co-requisites for the following course(s):
- CISC 124 - Introduction to Computing Science II
- COCA 201 - Introduction to Computing and the Creative Arts
- CISC 203 - Discrete Mathematics for Computing II
- CISC 204 - Logic for Computing Science
- CISC 220 - System Level Programming
- CISC 271 - Linear Data Analysis
- CISC 330 - Computer-Integrated Surgery
- CISC 458 - Programming Language Processors (S)
120 (36 Lecture, 84 Private Study)
(CISC 102/3.0 or MATH 110/6.0 or MATH 111/6.0 or MATH 112/3.0 or MATH 120/6.0 or MATH 121/6.0 or MATH 123/3.0 or MATH 124/3.0 or MATH 126/6.0 or MATH 130/3.0 or APSC 171/3.3 or APSC 172/3.3 or APSC 174/3.3 or COMM 161/3.0 or COMM 162/3.0).