Introduction to object-oriented design, architecture, and programming. Use of packages, class libraries, and interfaces. Encapsulation and representational abstraction. Inheritance. Polymorphic programming. Exception handling. Iterators. Introduction to a class design notation. Numerical computation. Applications in various areas.
This course appears in the pre- or co-requisites for the following course(s):
- CISC 220 - System Level Programming
- CISC 221 - Computer Architecture
- CISC 223 - Software Specifications
- CISC 226 - Game Design
- CISC 235 - Data Structures
- CISC 282 - Fundamentals of Web Development
- CISC 327 - Software Quality Assurance
- CISC 332 - Database Management Systems
- CISC 360 - Programming Paradigms
- CISC 457 - Image Processing and Computer
A minimum grade of a C- (obtained in any term) or a 'Pass' (obtained in Winter 2020) in CISC 121.
(CISC 102 or MATH 110 or MATH 111 or MATH 112 or MATH 120 or MATH 121 or MATH 123 or MATH 124 or MATH 126 or APSC 171 or APSC 172 or APSC 174 or COMM 161 or COMM 162).