Introduction to object-oriented design, architecture, and programming. Use of packages, class libraries, and interfaces. Encapsulation and representational abstraction. Inheritance. Polymorphic programming. Exception handling. Iterators. Introduction to a class design notation. Numerical computation. Applications in various areas.
This course appears in the pre- or co-requisites for the following course(s):
- CISC 220 - System Level Programming
- CISC 221 - Computer Architecture
- CISC 223 - Software Specifications
- CISC 226 - Game Design
- CISC 235 - Data Structures
- CISC 282 - Fundamentals of Web Development
- CISC 327 - Software Quality Assurance
- CISC 332 - Database Management Systems
- CISC 335 - Computer Networks
- CISC 360 - Programming Paradigms
- CISC 457 - Image Processing and Computer
A minimum grade of a C- (obtained in any term) or a 'Pass' (obtained in Winter 2020) in CISC 121.