We are pleased to announce our summer 2023 opportunities for high school students interested in connecting with the Queen’s School of Computing. Our internship opportunities are two month in-person, on campus experiences for students entering (or continuing) grade 12 to work in a computing research lab with one or more computing professors and graduate students. The areas that you will work in will vary depending on the research group that you are placed with as well as your interests.
The internships are full-time for July and August (a one week vacation period may be taken). A $1500 stipend will be paid for the summer.
- Students must be entering (or continuing) grade 12 in Fall of 2023. You must be returning to high school in the fall.
- Must have some programming experience (high school courses or self-taught).
- Positions will be in person, on campus only. You must reside in Kingston for the summer. We are unable to provide accommodations. There is no option for remote work.
How to Apply
Please apply by filling the out the application form. You will be asked to submit the following:
- A brief declaration of your interest in the internship (why you are interested, what you hope to get out of it) as well as a paragraph highlighting your experience in Computer Science.
- A detailed resume
- A letter of reference, preferably from your Computer Science teacher (but if that is not possible, a letter from someone who is familiar with your computing abilities will suffice). This may be submitted with your application or it may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An (unofficial) transcript of your high school grades to date.
If you have any other questions, you can contact Professor Wendy Powley.
Deadline for application is April 15, 2023 (at midnight).