First posted on February 2nd, 2023 at 9:57 am. Last updated March 22nd, 2023 at 1:38 pm
- UPDATED - 6-February-2023 - The application for students to transfer into upper-year programs at Queen’s opened February 1st. In recognition of the massive enrolment growth the School of Computing is experiencing, a decision has been made by Arts and Science to suspend accepting applications for students to transfer into the Plans offered by the School.
- Only BCMPH students completing 1st year who meet the grade criteria will be automatically accepted into 2nd year Computing plans. All others (including BAH and BSCH students who meet the grade criteria) will go on a pending list from which we will accept only as many student as we can accommodate in upper-year courses.
- ArtSci will not accept transfers into Computing plans from other faculties or universities, nor will they accept dual degree applications. If you are looking to transfer to Queen's University, we encourage you to consider some of the many excellent alternative degree Plans in Arts and Science. Please visit the Arts and Science Transfer to Queen's web page for a comprehensive list.
We are hopeful that, when our capacity catches up with the growth in near future, School of Computing will again be able to accept all qualified students.
- Check the FAQ for enrolment issues common from year to year.
- The University calendars are now available online. Consult them for all information on degree plan requirements and course descriptions. There are occasional errors, which we will correct here when we find them.
- For information about changes from previous years, see the enrolment news archive.
Choosing Your 4th Year Capstone Course
A WEBINAR FOR 3RD YEAR HONOURS STUDENTS
March 8th, 2023
1:00 - 2:00 PM
All honours plans in Computing* require a "capstone" experience in their 4th year: either an internship, or one of several course options. Join the Undergraduate Team for our virtual information session where we will go over:
- upcoming changes to capstones
- what options are available
1st Year Orientation Session
May Plan Selection
WEBINAR FOR FIRST YEAR STUDENTS CHOOSING THEIR PLAN
April 11th, 2023
7:00 - 8:00 PM
*This meeting will be recorded for viewing after the event.
Plan selection begins on May 15th. Have you decided which Computing plan you want to pursue?
Join your Undergraduate Team for a virtual information session via Teams as we explore Computing plan options. We'll cover:
- Overview of our plans
- Major/CSCI Sub Plans/Options
- Deadlines and other must-know info